Hey guys! What’s up, it’s KK. Welcome to 5 Weeks of Food! I am so happy that I am finally doing this for you! You might remember me saying in my last post that I would try to do food from around the world, however I thought it would be great to start the event with a simple British classic… strawberries and cream! Some people might think that its boring and that I could’ve come up with something better. Well if that’s what’s going on in your head right now, go and find another recipe to read! 😊 Instead of using double cream, I will whisk it to turn it into whip cream. Also, I will be adding melted chocolate. You don’t have to use whip cream or chocolate but that’s what I’m going to do! Without further delay, let’s get into it!
You will need a:
. Small bowl
. Spoon/ spatula
. Sauce pan
. Serving bowl
. Sieve (optional)
. Whip cream
. Dark chocolate
. Icing sugar (optional)
- If you are making whip cream from scratch, pour some double cream into a bowl. Whisk until fluffy and light!
TIP: Make sure it has no lumps!
- To melt the dark chocolate, fill a saucepan half way with water and put it on the hob.
- Place a small bowl on top filled with pieces of chocolate.
- Stir the chocolate while it melts. After, add a little chunk of butter and let it melt with the chocolate.
- To get the melted chocolate at a nice consistency, slowly pour a bit of leftover double cream into the bowl.
- Now stir!
- Pour the whip cream into a bowl and place the strawberries inside or around it. Next, drizzle the chocolate on top.
- If you would like to, sprinkle some icing sugar on top with a sieve.
- Enjoy!!! 😊
I hope you enjoyed this classic recipe and that it wasn’t too boring!
So that’s it for today! AU REVOIR
The final result Me melting the chocolate